2021 LED light strips installation precautions and purchase guideTime:2021-04-01 / Read:222
LED strips are divided into flexible strips and rigid strips. The same product features are: both use low-voltage DC12V or DC24V power supply, which is very safe and has a long service life. It can be normal at ambient temperature of -30℃- +60℃ Work, and can choose different colors according to the lighting environment.
How to install led strip lights:
The flexible LED strip light has soft and flexible characteristics, which is especially convenient for decoration in irregular and narrow spaces. The back of the light strip is pasted with imported 3M double-sided tape for easy installation. And it can be cut at will, or it can be lengthened arbitrarily without affecting the luminescence. It is often used in urban outline lighting, irregular design decoration (polygonal walls in hotels/nightclubs/KTVs, etc., water drop ceiling groove design, home dark Slot trim (door frame, bar, wine cabinet, wardrobe, TV cabinet), car beauty (car body, car bottom...), jewelry showcase and other places that need lighting decoration and beautification...
LED rigid light strips are assembled with PCB rigid boards, and the lamp beads are assembled by DIP and SMT methods, but the most used SMT LED strip are currently. The advantage of the LED rigid light bar is that it is easier to fix, and it is more convenient to process and install. With the V-shaped aluminum groove base, it has the advantages of high brightness, adjustable light-emitting angle, and the length can be customized according to actual requirements; the disadvantage is that it cannot be bent at will. Not suitable for irregular places. Commonly used in: jewelry showcase lighting, display cabinet lighting, cabinet LED lighting, wardrobe lighting, specialty store decorative lighting, lighting art lighting, advertising light box lighting, restaurant LED lighting, hotel, home villa decorative lighting, etc.
Whether it is a flexible LED light bar or a hard LED light bar, we should pay attention to the following points when buying:
1. Cleanliness: Check whether the appearance of the LED light belt is clean. If the LED light strip produced by the SMT process is used for the LED panel light, the surface is very clean, and there are no impurities and stains; if the fake LED light strip produced by the hand-soldering process is used, there will be stains on the outside no matter how to clean it. At the same time, there will be flux and tin dross residue on the surface of the FPC.
2. Use occasion: If it is installed in the bedroom, you cannot choose high-lumen LED strips, but should choose a soft light source; such as warm white, otherwise it will be too dazzling and harmful to eyes and sleep; if it is used in a shopping mall In the display counter, choose high-lumen LED, cool white light strips.
3. Antistatic parameters: The stronger the antistatic, the longer the service life of the LED lamps. Generally, it should be kept above 700V.
4. Waterproof capability: outdoor lighting and LED home lighting have different requirements. Outdoor lighting needs to choose waterproof LED strip lights. Indoor home lighting can choose light strips with low waterproof level, which is also conducive to cost saving.
5. Color: The color of the LED light bar is different, and the price is different. Red, yellow, blue and other colors are easier to separate, so the price is slightly cheaper. White and green are more expensive than other colors because color matching and color separation are difficult. Special colors such as purple and brown are the most expensive due to color matching reasons.
6. Look at the accessories: The regular LED light strips will be enclosed in the box with instructions for use and light strip specifications, and they will also be equipped with LED strip light connectors or sockets; some manufacturers will not install LED light strips in order to save costs. Put these accessories in the box.
7. Choose LED power supply: After purchasing the light bar, you also need to select the matching LED light bar driver. For example, if you buy a 10m LED strip that consumes 5 watts per meter, the strip needs a 50W drive; if you don’t want each LED strip to be controlled by a power supply, you can buy a larger power The switching power supply is used as the main power supply, and then all the input power sources of the LED lights are connected in parallel (the wire size can be extended if the wire size is not enough), and the main switching power supply is used for power supply. The advantage of this is that it can be controlled centrally. The inconvenience is that the lighting effect and switch control of a single LED strip cannot be realized, and it can be adopted according to its actual situation.
To learn more about LED light bar, <read more>